Wednesday, July 18, 2012

$4 Front Door Mat


Front door mats... by golly they are expensive.  Here's a little "cheapy" ($6) I had on the front porch and ain't it tiny. Until I find one I absolutely love and am willing to dish out the dough for, I have to have something.

I went to the Dollar Tree to buy a box of ice cream cones-- did you know cones can go rancid? We pulled ours out of the pantry last night and blech!   I stumbled upon these carpet tiles.  I took up the whole isle laying out the squares in different ways.  I didn't like the square look, but a 2x3 rectangle was too big.  I ended up picking up 3 matching ones and a roll of duct tape.

After measuring and marking the tiles, I used a box knife and cut each one in fourths. 

Then I arranged them as a 3x4 rug. After flipping them over, I duct taped them together. I wasn't too impressed with the Dollar Tree duct tape. I'll see how long it lasts and then I might replace it with some "real" stuff. 



A much better size at almost 1/2 the price!  Wondering if a painted black monogram might look good on it too.  I just might try it.

EDITED TO ADD: It's been a month, and the dollar store duct tape has held up beautifully. Wondering if the sun melted it to the rug better. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the information. I really enjoyed, I would like get more information about this,because is very beautiful, thanks for sharing Smoking Effects.

    ReplyDelete